All American Pancakes With Crispy Bacon
Treat your family this pancake day with our sweet and savoury All American Pancakes with crispy bacon!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking sofa
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 8 slices bacon
- Maple syrup (for topping)
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Then, in a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk, melted butter and egg. Slowly whisk together the first mixture into the buttermilk mixture, until only small lumps remain.
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon over medium-high heat until it is browned on one side. Flip, and cook until crisp on the underside. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Pour the fat from the frying pan, leaving only around a teaspoon for the pancakes. Using a ladle, pour pancake sized amounts of batter into the frying pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface (this should take around 2 minutes). Using a spatula, carefully flip each pancake and cook for a further 2 minutes until the underside is browned.
- Top your pancakes with bacon and serve with a generous drizzle of maple syrup!