Argentinian Beef Empanadas
Shake things up with these tasty empanadas…
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2lb Ground Beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 to 3 packs puff pastry dough
- Salt & pepper to season
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan, fry the beef until browned and broken up, for around 6 minutes. Set the beef aside, leave as much fat in the pan as possible.
- Reduce the heat and add the remaining oil, fry the onion and pepper until tender, seasoning with salt and pepper and adding the cumin, paprika, oregano and cayenne.
- Add the beef back into the pan, pour in the chicken stock and stir in the sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the raisins and transfer the mixture to a container to cover and chill for around 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C while the dough sits for around 15 minutes.
- Cut the dough into rounds, place 2 tbsp of filling into the centre of each round, and top with olives.
- Brush the edge of each round with water and fold the dough over, crimping the edges with a fork.
- Place your empanadas on a try and bake for around 30 mins, until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!