Beef & Asparagus Salad
Summer is a fantastic season for food. It’s the perfect time to cook up colourful, refreshing dishes that are pleasing to the eye as well as the palate. This June, jazz up your summer salads with this new recipe. Filled with flavour and texture, it’s the perfect thing to eat al fresco with an ice cold beverage of your choice.
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tsp honey
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
For the salad
- 8 stems of asparagus
- 8oz Ribeye steak
- 4-6 radishes
- Watercress or baby leaf salad
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Whisk and then season to taste.
- Heat up a pan, then add a drizzle of the oil. Throw in the asparagus and cook until tender. Remove from the pan and set aside until later.
- Season the Ribeye steak and place in the pan. For a medium-rare steak, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Once cooked, place your steak on a warmed plate to rest.
- Thinly slice the radishes and place in a bowl along with your choice of salad leaves. Halve the cherry tomatoes and add to the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and then toss to mix it all together.
- Before serving, slice the Ribeye into strips and serve on top of the salad.