Delicious Sunday Leftover Beef Massaman Curry
Don’t know what to do with your Sunday roast leftovers? Try this spicy coconut massaman curry enough for 6. Topped off with crunchy peanuts and a choice of either vegetables or rice. This recipe gives your leftovers a delicious purpose.
What You’ll Need
- 1½ tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 250g Thai Jasmine Rice
- 2 x 246g packs 3-step Thai Massaman Curry Kit
- 400g New Potatoes (Cut into 2cm-Thick Slices)
- 550g Cooked Roast Beef (Use Leftovers of buy Fresh) (Sliced into Bite-sized Chunks)
- 175g Pack Baby Corn & Mangetout (Corn Halved Lengthways)
- Heat the oil in a deep, lidded frying pan or wok and add the onions. Cook over a low heat for 10 mins until soft and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a large lidded pan of water to the boil and add the rice. Cook for 10 mins, then drain, return to the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add the massaman paste to the onions, cook for 1 min, then add the sliced potato and stir until coated.
- Pour in the coconut milk, add the star anise, then increase the heat and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 mins or until the potatoes are tender. Add the beef, corn, mangetout and 150ml water. Cover, reduce the heat and cook for 5 mins until the vegetables are cooked and the beef is heated through.
- Top with the peanuts and serve with the rice or vegetables alongside.
Get your fresh prime and tender roast beef from Barker Butchers for this recipe or your Sunday roast. And we’d love to see your results so share them on our social media pages.