Beef & Red Pepper Burgers for BBQ Month!
We are excited that BBQ month is here because that only means one thing… Delicious burgers, hot dogs, and chicken skewers, and hopefully a little bit of sunshine! Using this fantastic recipe, you can cook a tasty treat for your BBQ using our beef and you’ll have a BBQ that the whole family will love! Follow these simple and easy steps below to cook this fantastic recipe
- 1 red pepper, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g lean steak mince
- 1 medium egg
- 1 carrot -coarsely grated
- 50g stale breadcrumbs
- 40g cheddar
- Cheddar cheese – finely sliced
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Put the pepper on a baking tray and rub with 1/2 tbsp oil. Roast in the oven for 25-30 mins, turning once halfway through. Remove and allow to cool slightly before finely chopping.
- Tip the mince, roasted pepper, egg, carrot and breadcrumbs into a large bowl and mix well. Using your hands, shape the mixture into six equal burgers.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large, heavy-based, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the burgers for 5-6 mins each side until cooked through. Top with slices of cheddar. Spread the rolls with mayo, add the burgers and top with slices of cucumber.
6 floury rolls, halved
3 tbsp mayonnaise
¼ cucumber, or 1-2 mini cucumbers, sliced