This delicious Russian beef stroganoff is sure to become a firm family favourite!
- 500g fillet steak, sliced
- 150g crème fraiche
- 250g sliced mushrooms
- 100ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tsp English mustard
- ½ handful of chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook onion for around 15 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the butter, once melted add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes until softened.
- Season well and set aside.
- Place the flour into a bowl and season with salt and pepper, toss in the steak.
- Place the floured steak in the frying pan, adding a little more oil if required, fry for 3-4 minutes until well coloured.
- Add the onions and mushrooms back into the pan, whisk in the crème fraiche, English mustard, and beef stock.
- Cook the mixture for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or pasta- enjoy!