Bonfire Bangers with Cheesy Mash
If you’re planning a fireworks display of your very own this Bonfire Night, warm up your guests with our Bonfire Bangers recipe accompanied by comforting cheesy mashed potatoes…
What You’ll Need:
1.8g Maris Piper potatoes (unpeeled)
16 sausages in flavour of your choice
200ml full-fat milk
200g soft cream cheese
1tbsp English mustard powder
140g extra mature cheddar (grated)
85g Red Leicester (grated)
For the gravy:
2 white onions (thinly sliced)
50g plain flour
200ml light ale
600ml beef stock
1tbsp yeast extract
3tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 190C/170c fan. Place the potatoes, unpeeled, into a roasting tin and bake for 1hr 30 mins, or until crisp.
- To make the gravy: put the onions slices into a frying pan along with the butter and cook gently until golden. Add the flour and gradually pour over the ale.
- Bring to the boil for around 1 minute, then add the stock, yeast extract, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Bring back to a simmer.
- Leave to bubble for a few minutes until thick, then season to taste.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and put to one side.
- Place the sausages into your tin and cook for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, when the potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve each one and scoop out the insides into a mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, cream cheese, mustard powder and cheeses. Then mash together until well combined. Season to taste and keep warm until sausages and gravy are ready to serve.