Get a Caribbean Flavour with Jerk Chicken
Add some Caribbean flavour to your mealtime with some jerk chicken that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Succulent chicken thighs are covered with jerk paste and roasted in the oven which can be perfectly served with Caribbean rice and peas.
To get the signature Caribbean dish, your rice and peas need to be cooked in coconut milk and water then simply add garlic, thyme, allspice and spring onions.
Ingredients for Jerk Chicken
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 8 thyme sprigs, leaves picked, plus extra to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on and bone-in
rice & peas, to serve
1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Use a stick blender or the small bowl of a food processor and whizz together the jerk seasoning, coconut cream, chilli, spring onions, thyme, garlic and ginger.
3. Stire in the lime zest and juice, and season to taste.
4. Slash the chicken thighs down to the bone a couple of times and smear over the jerk paste.
5. Roast in the oven for between 45 and 50 minutes until golden brown and cooked through
6. Sprinkle over more thyme and serve with rice and peas
Get in Touch for More Information
To get the freshest cuts of chicken for your jerk chicken recipe, pay Barker Butchers a visit today.