Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
200g sliced chestnut mushrooms
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 garlic cloves
150ml single cream
4tbsp olive oil
1/2 lemon, juice and zest
1tbsp mixed herbs
30g grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 7. Place the chicken on a baking tray and drizzle with half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes and then shred the meat.
- Meanwhile, heat the other half of the oil in a large pan. Grate the garlic and stir into the oil. After a minute add in the mushrooms and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the chicken and set aside.
- Cook the pasta and drain, reserving some of the water to add to the sauce.
- Pour the cream into a large pan and simmer for a minute, then stir through the lemon, herbs and ricotta.
- Mix through the chicken, mushrooms and pasta, adding enough water to create a creamy sauce.
- Serve with parmesan and black pepper.