The Heart Healthy Chicken Keema Curry
As part of national cholesterol month we are encouraging our customers to think about the foods they are eating and try something new. That’s why we have this great, healthier recipe for you to try. The Chicken Keema Curry promotes a healthy heart, helping to keep your cholesterol low. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 500g lean skinless chicken cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 2-3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2.5 cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml low-salt chicken stock
- fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Toss the chicken pieces in the flour. Brown the chicken pieces on all sides in a large saucepan with half the oil, then set aside. Cook the onion in the remaining oil in same pan for 5 minutes or until opaque and starting to soften. Add the garlic, ginger, chillies and spices to the pan and fry for 2 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, the tomatoes with their juice and the stock. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Taste and season if needed.
- Sprinkle with fresh mint leaves and serve immediately with wholemeal pitta bread or rice.