Chicken and Pineapple Curry
1 kg chicken legs and thighs
400ml coconut milk
5 garlic cloves
6cm chunk of ginger
½ bunch of coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp ground turmeric
2tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper
- Chop the pineapple into small chunks.
- Blend half with half the onion and 3 garlic cloves.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and marinate in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Dice the tomatoes and the rest of the onion and grate the rest of the garlic and the ginger.
- Fry the onion in a large wok with 50ml oil for 5 mins. Add in the garlic and ginger and fry for 2 mins.
- Add the garam masala, cumin, chili powder, turmeric and salt.
- Stir in the chopped tomato and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken and coconut milk, cover and simmer for 20 mins, stirring regularly.
- After 10 mins, mix in the remaining pineapple.
- Finely chop the coriander.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, add in the juice of the limes, black pepper and coriander.
- Serve with rice or flatbread.