Classic Toad in the Hole
Toad in the hole is a classic, and it’s so quick and easy that it’s perfect for a comforting mid week meal…
- 12 sausages
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 140g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 175ml semi-skimmed milk
- Heat the oven to 220°C and bake the sausages until browned in a large baking tin coated with sunflower oil.
- In a bowl, mix the and flower eggs and slowly whisk in the milk.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Remove the baking tin from the oven and pour the mixture around the sausages.
- Bake for a further 20 minutes until risen and golden.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables and gravy, enjoy!