Delicious Bacon and Maple Syrup Pancakes
Kick-off Hot Breakfast Month right with these irresistible bacon and maple syrup pancakes!
- 120g plain flour
- 150g buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 8 rashers bacon
- Maple syrup to taste
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the butter, buttermilk, and egg.
- Combine the two mixtures together.
- Fry the bacon until browned and crispy.
- Leave around a tablespoon of bacon fat in the frying pan, and add around 1/8 of the pancake batter- topping with a piece of bacon.
- Flip the pancake so it’s brown on both sides.
- Repeat with the rest of the pancake batter, keeping the cooked pancakes warm in the oven.
- Drizzle your pancakes with maple syrup, serve and enjoy!