A delicious Easter inspired recipe using our quality lamb
If you’re looking for a super easy to make Spring inspired recipe, this is the perfect one! Using fresh ingredients such as our lamb and seasonal veg, you can create a meal that the whole family will love this Easter.
Ingredients (serves 6):
• 1 quality leg of lamb from Barker Butchers
• Sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 large bunch fresh mint with the leaves picked
• 1 peeled clove garlic
• 125 ml olive oil
• 250 ml organic chicken stock
• 600 g new potatoes – sliced into thin pieces
• 100 g baby fennel – cut in half lengthways
• 225 g baby carrots – top and bottom cut off
• 100 g baby leeks – trimmed
• 200 g courgettes – sliced lengthways
• 250 g fine or yellow beans
• 150 g asparagus – trimmed to 6cm lengths
Making this delicious Easter classic could not be easier!
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7.
2. Score the lamb all over and season.
3. Pound or blend the mint leaves with the garlic and seasoning until smooth.
4. Slowly add the olive oil to your mixture then brush all over the lamb.
5. Roast the lamb in the oven for 1½ hours.
6. While the meat is resting, remove the fat from the roasting tin and add the stock to the tin and make a light, delicious broth by boiling and dissolving all the ingredients at the bottom.
7. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes.
8. Add the fennel and carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes. Then add the rest of the vegetables and simmer for another 5 minutes.
9. The succulent lamb then your meal is ready!
Put the vegetables on the plate first with the lamb on top – then add a little broth and mint oil drizzled over.