Chicken Tikka Skewers – A Delicious World Cup Recipe!
Looking for a recipe that everyone will love whilst you host a world cup party or gathering? Chicken Tikka Skewers are easy to make, has yummy summer flavours, and is an all-round favourite! Not to mention it is healthy so everyone can enjoy it! Take a look at the recipe below and celebrate the world cup with a tasty treat…
- 150g pot low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp hot curry paste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 250g pack cherry tomatoes
- 4 wholemeal chapatis, warmed, to serve
For the cucumber salad:
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- handful chopped coriander leaves
- juice 1 lemon
- 50g pack lamb’s lettuce or pea shoots
- Put 8 wooden skewers in a bowl of water to soak.
- Mix the yogurt and curry paste together in a bowl, then add the chicken (if you have time, marinate for an hr or so).
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, red onion, coriander and lemon juice. Chill until ready to serve.
- Shake off any excess marinade, then thread the chicken pieces and cherry tomatoes onto the pre-soaked skewers.
- Cook under a medium grill for 15-20 mins, turning from time to time, until cooked through and nicely browned.
- Stir the lettuce or pea shoots into the salad, then divide between 4 plates.
- Top each serving with 2 chicken tikka skewers and serve with the warm chapatis & it’s good to go!