Create Delicious Lamb Chops, Fennel, & Tomatoes and Dine Like the Royals!
We are all excited about the royal wedding coming up making us proud to be British… This recipe is designed to be just what you need throw the best wedding party around and dine like the royals – follow these simple and easy steps using our quality lamb chops!
• 1 medium bulb fennel trimmed and cut into 8 wedges
• 4 plum tomatoes cored and halved lengthwise
• 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, smashed
• 2 15-ounce cans cannellini or butter beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or parsley
• 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
• 4 5-ounce lamb chops from us, fat trimmed and bones frenched (ask your butcher to do this)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the fennel and tomatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Spread the vegetables on the baking sheet, with the tomatoes cut-side up. Roast until the tomatoes are soft and the fennel is golden, about 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, cook the garlic in the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until golden, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the beans and 2 1/2 cups water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid thickens, about 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the oregano and parmesan, if desired.
6. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and grill until marked on the bottom, about 4 minutes.
7. Flip and cook until just firm to the touch, 4 to 5 more minutes for medium-rare.
8. Divide the beans among plates and top with the lamb and roasted vegetables!