Fakeaway Friday: Chicken Thai Green Curry
When the weekend comes calling and cooking seems a bit of a chore, don’t reach for the takeaway menu! Try this gorgeous chicken Thai green curry recipe instead. Fresh, fragrant and absolutely delicious, it’s a quick and easy Friday night meal the whole family will enjoy.
You will need:
225g new potatoes (cut into chunks)
100g trimmed and halved green beans
1tbsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
4tsp Thai green curry paste
Coconut milk (1 x 400ml can)
2tsp fish sauce
1tsp caster sugar
450g boneless chicken thighs (cut into chunks)
Basil leaves (to garnish)
Boiled rice (to serve)
What you need to do:
- In a saucepan of boiling water, boil the new potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Then, add the green beans and boil for 3 minutes, or until both are tender – but not too soft.
- In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil until very hot. Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds until golden brown.
- Add the curry paste and stir for just a few seconds.
- Tip in the can of coconut milk and bring to a rolling bubble.
- Stir in the fish sauce and caster sugar. Then, add the chicken. Turn down to the head to a simmer and cook for approx. 8 minutes.
- Drop in the drained boiled potatoes and beans and warm through.
- Before removing from the heat, add a handful of basil leaves.
- Serve with boiled rice and enjoy!