Father’s Day Breakfast Muffins
Father’s Day is coming up and what could be better than a juicy breakfast muffin to start the day? Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or an afternoon snack. Check out the recipe below and treat dat like a king this Father’s Day.
- 4 pork sausages (or any flavour you like)
- 4 rashers of bacon (or bacon medallions)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 40g mayonnaise
- 1tbsp chilli sauce [optional]
- 1/4 of an iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 4 English muffins
How To Make
- Turn on the grill and preheat to high.
- Take the sausages and squeeze the meat from each into a bowl. Mix together with your hands to form 4 burger shapes.
- Place sausage meat burgers under the grill for around 18-20 mins, flipping them halfway through cooking.
- Around 5 minutes before the burgers are ready, add the bacon and turn halfway through.
- While the bacon is cooking, fry each egg for 3-4 mins, or 5 mins if you prefer a more well done fried egg!
- If using the chilli sauce, mix with the mayonnaise. Then, spread the sauce over one half of each muffin and add some lettuce. Then construct the breakfast muffin by first adding the sausage burger, bacon, slices of tomato and the fried egg.
- Serve to dad with a smile!