Friday Night Fakeaway Crispy Chilli Beef
When you’ve got that Friday feeling and you fancy something warming, delicious and just a little bit naughty, we’ve got just the thing! Better for your waistline and your pocket, check out our crispy chilli beef fakeaway recipe right here, and give it a try yourself this weekend.
What You’ll Need:
500g rump steak (cut into strips)
1 egg (beaten)
1.5tbsp self raising flour
6tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1.5cm piece ginger (peeled and chopped)
3tbsp rice vinegar
1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
½ onion (sliced)
5 spring onions (chopped)
Juice of 1 lime
1 carrot (cut into thin strips_
½ red chilli (chopped)
2 drops of hot sauce
2tsp granulated sweetener
½ beef stock cube
Freshly ground pepper
- Begin by preheating your oven to 190-200°C
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and dip each strip into the beaten egg and lightly coat with flour.
- Liberally coat a baking tray with cooking spray or oil and add your beef.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the beef is crispy.
- Meanwhile, take a wok and spray it with cooking spray. Then, over a medium heat, fry the peppers, carrots, onion, spring onion, chilli flakes, garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 5 minutes before adding the lime juice, sweetener, soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey.
- Stir gently, then add the hot sauce and 100ml of beef stock.
- Cook for a minute before adding your cooked beef strips and stirring.
- Serve with rice or noodles.