Italian Beef Cannelloni
Let us transport you to the bustling streets of Rome with this irresistible cannelloni recipe!
- 8 dried cannelloni tubes
- 500g beef mince
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 450ml whole milk
- 100ml red wine
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped stick of celery
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 25g butter
- 25g flour
- grated nutmeg
- 10g grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Warm 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large pan, add the beef and fry until brown.
- Set the beef aside, add the rest of the olive oil to the pan and fry the onion, garlic, and celery until soft.
- Add the beef back to the pan, add the red wine and cook till half reduced.
- Add the tomatoes and 100ml of the milk, simmer for 1 hour.
- To create a sauce, heat the butter and flour in a pan to create a paste, cook for a few minutes.
- Whisk in the rest of the milk, add the nutmeg and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Use a piping bag to fill the cannelloni tubes with the beef mixture and place them in an oven proof dish.
- Spoon the leftover beef mixture into the dish (over the cannelloni tubes), and then top with your sauce and finish with the parmesan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!