Katsu Chicken Burgers
4 brioche burger buns
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 eggs, whisked
½ white cabbage, grated
200g radishes, grated
1 tbsp runny honey
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
8 tbsp mayo
2 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp plain flour
Vegetable stock cube
Handful coriander, chopped
- Mix honey, mayo, the stock cube, curry powder and garam masala in a bowl and set aside for later.
- Mix together the radish, cabbage, sesame oil, juice of the lime and the coriander and set aside for later.
- For the chicken, place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dip each thigh in flour, then the eggs and then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat up a large glug of the oil and add the thighs when the oil is hot.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Toast the buns.
- Layer the mayo, chicken and slaw as desired on the bun to serve.