Mexican Beef Chilli
Spice up your evening with this tasty beef chilli!
- 1kg ground beef
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 beef stock cube
- 500ml water
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the meat until brown, set meat aside and add the onion to the pan, frying for around 10 minutes.
- Add the chipotle paste, garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon and flour, and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock cube and water, gradually stirring it into the mixture.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the beef back into the pan and simmer gently for around two hours, removing the lid and adding the beans for the final 15 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, rice and tortilla chips- enjoy!