Mexican Beef and Spicy Rice
500g mince beef
150g jarred green chillies
400g chopped tomatoes
400g kidney in chilli sauce
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
500ml chicken stock
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp chilli powder
350g grated cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
Fresh coriander to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add in the onion and cook for 2 minutes, then add the mince and cook until no longer pink, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Drain the fat.
- Move the beef to one side of the skillet and add the rice to other side. Cook 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes, beans, sweetcorn, chillies, and spices. Season then pour over the stock.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for around 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and cover for 2-3 minutes until it has all melted.
- Finish with some fresh coriander and serve.