Mexican Inspired Nacho Cheeseburgers
September is a month of foodie celebrations with Guacamole Day and Cheeseburger Day falling within just a few days of each other. So, to show our appreciation, we’ve combined the two to make these lip-smacking Mexican inspired nacho cheeseburgers. Buen Provecho!
What You’ll Need
- 500g good quality beef mince
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp guacamole
- 4 tbsp chipotle
- 4 tbsp salsa
- Handful of salted nachos
- ½ small bunch of coriander, torn
- For the burgers: place the beef mince, chopped onion and garlic into a bowl. Season with black pepper and a pinch of salt. Cover and chill in the fridge for approx. 1 hour.
- When chilled, divide the mixture into 4 even balls – be careful not to pack them too tightly or your burgers will be tough.
- Use the palm of your hand to flatten the beef mixture into patties and then use your thumb to make a small indentation in the centre of each one.
- Place the burger patties on a baking sheet and then grill for approx. 5-8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the seeded buns.
- For the last minute of grilling, top each burger with a slice of cheddar and grill until melted.
- To construct your burgers, divide the guacamole, burgers, chipotle, salsa and nachos between each bun and garnish with coriander.