Moroccan Chicken Meatballs
500g chicken mince
3 tbsp Moroccan-style tagine paste
2 carrots, grated
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 onion, peeled and finely diced
Half a pack of mint
2 tbsp olive oil
Cous cous, flatbreads and lemon to serve
- Heat half the oil in a pan and fry the onion and carrots until softened.
- Place the onions, carrots, mince, half the mint and two tbsp of the tagine paste in a large mixing bowl.
- Season and mix everything well, then shape into meatballs. Add the other half of the oil in a pan and cook the meatballs until golden.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and put in the chopped tomatoes and one tbsp of the tagine paste. Season, stir and add the meatballs back to the sauce. Simmer for 15 mins.
- Prepare the cous cous and stir through the rest of the mint.
- Serve together with flatbreads and lemon wedges.