Mother’s Day Dinner
Treat Mum to a delicious Mother’s Day dinner this year, with this simple chicken in garlic and white wine sauce recipe!
Dinner – Creamy Garlic and White Wine Chicken, Serves 4
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
½ cup of finely chopped onion
¼ cup of salted butter
A pint of cream
¼ Mum’s favourite white wine
3 finely chopped cloves of garlic
Large handful of sliced mushrooms (button, chestnut, and shiitake are particularly good)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup of grated Parmesan (optional but very tasty!)
What to do:
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and lightly brown the chicken breasts on both sides.
2. Throw the onion, garlic, butter, and mushrooms into the pan with the chicken and fry until the onions soften.
3. Pour in the white wine and add the Worcestershire sauce.
4. Turn the heat down, and add the cream, basil, salt, parsley, and pepper. Keep the heat low to prevent the cream from curdling!
5. Add the parmesan, if using.
6. Simmer on a low heat for about 20 minutes, then check to ensure the chicken breasts are cooked.
7. Serve with cooked rice or pasta.