One-pan treacle and orange roast pork
A delicious one-pan treacle and orange roast pork, served with rice, pak choy and snow peas. A new take on a classic oriental dish.
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced lengthways
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 star anise
- 1.5kg pork neck (scotch)
- 1/4 cup treacle
- 6 baby pak choy, halved
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan-forced. Line a roasting pan with baking paper.
- Arrange orange, ginger and garlic slices over the centre of prepared pan. Add star anise. Place pork on top. Drizzle treacle all over pork. Season with salt and pepper. Bake, turning and basting pork every hour, for 3 hours or until pork is tender (orange will caramelise and blacken during cooking).
- Arrange pak choy and snow peas around pork. Drizzle with vegetable oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Slice pork. Drizzle vegetables with sesame oil. Serve pork and vegetables with rice, discarding orange.