One Pot Creamy Peanut Butter Chicken
Feeling the pinch after the festivities? You’re not alone! To help you be kinder to your waistline and your wallet in 2020, we’ll be posting up a series of budget-friendly, nutritious meals. And today we’re starting off with this rich and flavoursome peanut butter chicken dish. Jam-packed with protein and low in carbohydrates, it’s the perfect family-friendly dinner. What’s more, you can freeze any leftovers for later!
2 tbsp vegetable oil
8 skinless boneless chicken thighs (cut into chunks)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
2 red chillies (finely sliced – remove the seeds for less heat)
2 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
2 tsp garam masala
100g smooth peanut butter
400ml can coconut milk (For a healthier option, choose reduced-fat varieties)
400g chopped tomatoes
1 small bunch coriander
Roasted peanuts, to serve
How To Make:
- Start by heating half of the oil over medium heat in a deep frying pan. Add the chicken in as many batches as needed, cooking until golden brown. Then, set aside on a warmed plate.
- Pop the garlic, chilli and ginger, along with the other half of the oil into the frying pan and cook for one minute. Sprinkle over the garam masala and fry for another 60 seconds.
- Stir in the smooth peanut butter and both coconut milk and tomatoes, then bring to a simmer. Add the chicken back into the pan and sprinkle over half the coriander, chopping it beforehand.
- Cook for 30 minutes until the sauce is thick and the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with the remaining coriander and roasted peanuts. Serve with cooked basmati rice, jacket potatoes, or salad!