Slow Cooker Autumn Stew
12 new potatoes, halved
450g carrots, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2lb beef chopped into cubes
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Salt & pepper
- Place potatoes, carrots and onion in a slow cooker.
- Warm the butter in a large frying pan and brown the beef, then add the beef to the slow cooker.
- Stir the flour into the remaining drippings in the pan, gradually adding water. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes until thickened. Add the parsley, celery seed, thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for around 8 hours, until the meat and veg is tender- serve and enjoy!