Smoky Wintery Sausage Casserole
A real winter warmer this smoky sausage casserole is sure to please the whole family on cold evenings. Featuring gently simmered sausages and a crunchy breadcrumb topping, it’s a quick win you’ll want to serve up again and again.
What You’ll Need:
1tbsp olive oil
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 celery stick (finely chopped)
2 peppers (cut into chunks)
6 pork sausages (flavour of choice)
1tsp smoked paprika
½tsp ground cumin
½tsp chilli flakes
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
400g cannellini beans (drained)
250g bag of spinach
- In a large, heatproof casserole heat the olive oil and add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Add sausages and cook for a few minutes until browned, then turn the heat down to medium.
- Sprinkle over the spices and season well with salt and pepper. Add chopped tomatoes and turn up the heat, bringing to a simmer. Cover with a lid and leave for 40mins, stirring every so often.
- Turn on the grill to a high setting and uncover the casserole. Pour in the beans and add the spinach, stir and warm through.
- Scatter over the breadcrumbs and grill for 2-3 minutes until golden.