Spiced Lamb Meatballs
400g lamb mince
50g creme fraiche
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp chilli flakes
4 garlic cloves
1 large onion
100ml white wine
Handful of parsley
Handful of basil
Salt and pepper
- Grate ½ the onion and mix with the breadcrumbs. Leave for 5 mins. Meanwhile, roughly chop the parsley.
- Combine the lamb, cinnamon, parsley with your hands and season well.
- Form golf-ball sized balls and fry until coloured on the outside but not fully cooked through. Set aside.
- Finely chop the rest of the onion and the garlic.
- Add a covering of olive oil to a casserole dish and cook the onion for about 15 minutes until caramelised.
- Mix in the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pour in the white wine and reduce the mixture by half. Add in the passata and 250ml water, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook the orzo as per packet instructions.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the orzo and add into the meatballs, stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix zest and juice of ½ lemon with the creme fraiche. Drizzle over the top of the orzo, along with grated parmesan, basil and black pepper.