Sticky Maple Pork Belly with Potato Salad
500g pork belly slices
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp black pepper
3tbsp cider vinegar
500g salad potatoes
4 tbsp mayo
3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 bunch spring onions
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the pork belly on a lined baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-35 mins until crispy, turning them over half way through.
- Mix maple syrup, 2 tbsp vinegar and black pepper in a small saucepan and reduce down slightly on a high heat.
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan and cover with cold water. Season with salt and simmer for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and leave to steam dry.
- Mix the wholegrain mustard with the mayo and 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Finely chop up the apple, celery and onions.
- Mix together the mayo mixture with the potatoes, adding in the onions, celery and apple.
- Brush the pork with the maple glaze and place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, brushing with more glaze until golden.
- Serve the salad and pork with any extra glaze drizzled over the top.