Tasty Chicken & ham lasagne
There’s nothing like a twist on an old favourite to shake up your mid-week meals!
Why not try this recipe for a chicken and ham lasagne, sure to become a new family favourite!
- 700g boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 140g smoked ham
- 200g spinach
- 100g butter
- 100g plain flour
- 200g grated mozzarella
- 25g parmesan
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 200ml white wine
- ½ a chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 20 dried lasagne sheets
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Simmer the chicken breast in a saucepan with the onion, bay leaves, wine and 200ml water, for around 15 minutes- until the chicken is cooked.
- Move the chicken onto a chopping bard and strain the remaining liquid into a jug.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and slowly add the flour and milk, and then add the liquid you cooked the chicken in, season to taste.
- Chop the chicken into chunks and add to the sauce, cut the ham into pieces and add to the sauce with the spinach, cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Spoon a third of the mixture into a lasagne dish and top with the lasagne sheets, repeat these layers twice more.
- Cover the top of the lasagne with the mozzarella and parmesan, season with black pepper.
- Bake for around 25 minutes until the cheese has browned.
- Serve and enjoy!