Turkey, Sausage, Stuffing and Roast Potato Pie
300g cooked turkey
6 stuffing balls
800g leftover roast potatoes
500ml chicken stock or leftover gravy
100g crème fraiche
1 large onion, slices
1 chicken stock cube
150ml white wine
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tsp English mustard powder
20g mature cheddar
50g plain flour
1 tbsp olive oil
Knob of butter
Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Heat the butter and oil in a casserole dish and add the onion, cook until soft.
- Add the sausages and brown the outsides, remove and set aside.
- Stir the flour, mustard power and stock cube into the oil for 2 minutes and then pour in the white wine.
- Bubble through for a minute and then add the stock. Stir to combine into a sauce, season well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chop the sausages and stuffing into chunks and mix into the sauce along with the crème fraiche, turkey, mustard and parsley.
- Crumble the potatoes over the top and scatter with grated cheese. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Make sure the potatoes are nice and crispy and serve.