Vietnamese Style BBQ Pork
Brown sugar on pork gives these tasty skewers their tasty crunch. The fish sauce is an absolute must if you want to achieve the signature Vietnamese flavour. This recipe serves two and marinade should be enough for up to four steaks.
With lengthy prep time and once left overnight. These delicious pork skewers will take around ten minutes to cook!
What You’ll Need
- 2 Pork Loin Steaks
- 2 Shallots Roughly Chopped
- 3 tsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- To start, put shallots, brown sugar, chilli and fish sauce in a food processor and blend until it makes a paste and then stir in the cooking oil.
- Cut pork loin steaks across the grain into 7 cm long strips about 2.5 cm wide.
- Mix pork pieces and the paste in a medium bowl with your hands, evenly coating and rubbing in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for between 4 to 24 hours.
- Thread pork on skewers and barbecue until cooked, rotating skewers for approximately 5-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve in either a baguette with pickled veg for Vietnamese sandwiches (banh mi) or on top of rice noodles and mixed salad with nuoc cham as a dressing.
Pick up your fresh tender pork from your local butchers and share the results with us on our social media