Warm Up with a Hearty Lamb Shepard’s Pie This Autumn!
Nothing beats relaxing on a cold Autumn day with a fair slice delicious homemade shepherd’s pie – using our quality mince lamb! This classic family recipe is the perfect comfort food you need this Autumn to see you through the days, and it’s so simple and easy to make using healthy ingredients…
Following the instructions below and warm up your senses with this mouth-watering recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
• 1 tbsp sunflower oil
• 1 large onion – chopped
• 2-3 medium carrots – chopped
• 500g pack of our finest lamb mince
• 2 tbsp tomato purée
• large splash Worcestershire sauce
• 500ml beef stock
• 900g potato, cut into chunks
• 85g butter
• 3 tbsp milk
1. Heat 1 tbsp sunflower oil in a medium saucepan, then soften 1 chopped onion and 2-3 chopped carrots for a few mins.
2. When soft, turn up the heat, crumble in 500g lamb mince and brown, tipping off any excess fat.
3. Add 2 tbsp tomato purée and a large splash of Worcestershire sauce, then fry for a few mins.
4. Pour over 500ml beef stock, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 40 mins, uncovering halfway.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ gas 4, then make the mash. Boil the 900g potato, cut into chunks, in salted water for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain, then mash with 85g butter and 3 tbsp milk.
6. Put the mince into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and ruffle with a fork. The pie can now be chilled and frozen for up to a month.
7. Bake for 20-25 mins until the top is starting to colour and the mince is bubbling through at the edges.
8. (To bake from frozen, cook at 160C/fan 140C/gas 3 for 1 hr-1 hr 20 mins until piping hot in the centre. Flash under the grill to brown, if you like.)