Warming Sausage Hotpot
With winter well and truly upon us, it’s officially the season of good old-fashioned comfort food!
If you’re looking for an easy weeknight favourite to please the whole family, then look no further than this delicious sausage hotpot!
- 12 pork sausages
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 diced red onion
- 6 carrots, sliced into thick rounds
- 300ml chicken stock
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 400g baked beans
- 1 drained tin cannellini beans
- 750g white potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the sausages until lightly browned, then remove from the heat and leave to one side.
- Add the onions to the oil and fry until soft.
- Add the carrots, chopped tomatoes, baked beans, cannellini beans, stock, and bay leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the sausages.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for around 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens- stirring often.
- Remove from heat and layer the sliced potatoes over the top, brush the potatoes with the melted butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 200°C and cook for a further 10 minutes to brown the potatoes.
- Serve and enjoy!